The Release Engineer will be responsible building our software and coordinating releases to our servers for all product lines. A qualified candidate will work with the development, quality assurance, and system administration teams to ensure reliable release procedures throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. Experience with building software is essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build software components from Java and Perl source code.
- Keep current with new software improvement tools and applications
- Direct the deployment of software components to our production servers.
- Maintain source code repositories and promote best practices.
- Contribute to the technical operations and projects with little direction
- Must quickly adapt to an ever changing environment, flexibility is key
- Learns and seeks mentorship from senior level engineers in all departments.
- Act as technical resource to junior QA resources.
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies
- Develop and maintain automated software build processes for Java leading to deployment ready systems.
- Works with development teams to improve standards for software configuration.
- Participate in business and architectural meetings for future projects.
- Document process and procedures related to the deployment of software.
- Knowledge of the Java language and system architecture concepts.
- Proficient in the use of source control management and defect tracking systems (Git, Bitbucket, JIRA).
- 2+ years’ experience with apache, tomcat, mysql, post gres, scripting languages, SSL, web protocols.
- 2+ years’ experience operating within large Unix/Linux environments.
- Familiar with continuous deployment concepts, such rpms, tars and war files
- Familiar with Jenkins, Artifactory and simple concepts of server networks
- Familiarity with build tools such as maven, make, ant, rake, or ivy.
- Proficiency in deploying software to production environments with minimal risk and downtime.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management in English.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge of the principles of Continuous Integration systems.
- Familiarity of ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices
- Familiarity with AWS and Puppet
Background and Experience
- Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 2 + yrs in software development. (Software Engineer with System Administration skills).
- This position is full time.
- Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly.
- Schedule will be determined by the supervisor. Employee is expected to follow the schedule.
- Employee is to report to his or her supervisor if unable to attend work.
- Ability to work overtime on rare occasions. This is very important for this job as deployment schedules keep changing.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings