The purpose of this position is to take care of the day to day tasks assigned to the network services department. The Jr. Network Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for all on-going tasks and requests which will come from the different departments. Jr. Network services Engineers will assist the Network Engineers, Sr. Engineers, and Managers on any tasks they require assistance with. They will participate on the on-call rotation and will cover after hour’s shifts to help with the on-call schedule.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing all activities Network services to ensure maximum uptime.
- Strives for continuous improvement to ensure that the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security and availability.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of Network services ensures that all systems are correctly integrated.
- Overseeing technical and operational compliance of all networking systems to ensure that security measures are abided by and to optimize the efficiency of the network.
- Monitor ticketing system to ensure that network issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Utilize network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, alert and measure performance of network.
- Deploy new network gear and ensure devices are being properly monitored on all systems.
- Assist with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Participate on the on-call rotation.
- Maintain effective communications with peers and clients in support of assigned projects and initiatives to monitor competitive advantage for the company.
- Holding regular progress meetings with internal staff to discuss ongoing projects and offer assistance if and when required.
- Clearly communicates departmental procedures and their purposes to ensure that people understand why certain procedures are being implemented.
- Assist on any on-site task or emergency situation.
Minimum (Necessary) Qualifications
- Two years’ experience in Enterprise Networks.
- CCNA Certification or CCNA within 6 months of hire.
- Experience with LAN/WAN enterprise hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Switching, and VPN.
- Experience with OSPF and Security Concepts.
- Interest in additional Network services training.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Knowledge of Linux Platform.
- Knowledge of Monitoring Tools.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of BGP.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings