The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Manager is wholly responsible for leading the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, a group of highly skilled engineers tasked with building new virtual environments and improving existing virtual environments, as they relate to all PhoenixNAP products. The proper candidate should have extensive virtualization, compute, and storage related experience. As the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you would work closely with architecture and operational leadership to ensure the heath and stability of all cloud infrastructures. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, have a high technical aptitude, be extremely detail oriented, and is motivated to improve. Success in this position will be measured by the individual’s ability to oversee the implementation of technical change, the maintenance and improvement of existing products and platforms, and the achievement of the highest level of system performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accountable for maintaining a highly technical and competent staff
* Responsible for reviewing, approving, and leading product change
* Perform 4th level support for all infrastructures
* Provide both design and implementation recommendations as business needs evolve
* Identify and mitigate complex issues that impede service delivery
* Continually works to improve operations and technical posture
* Relate complicated and technical concepts to non-technical people.
* Maintain engineering documentation and operational standards
* Must be open to changing technology needs and business models.
* Must be able to analyze resource utilization, allocation, and provide report and trending statistics
* Creates implementation procedures and policies.
* This position will have on-call responsibilities.
* Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Experience leading staff and operating in a high uptime service delivery environment
* 10+ year of experience in IT management or related experience.
* Familiarity with cloud automation, PaaS, Software Defined Storage/Networking, fabric based infrastructure
* 5+ years’ in-depth experience with virtualization (VMware specifically) and multiple mass storage providers (HPE/Nimble, Nexenta/ZFS)
* Highly competent in Windows/Unix/Linux operating systems and domain services
* Deep understanding of networking protocols and working knowledge of network design/management
* Must be highly analytical and detailed in planning, execution, an documentation of work
* The ability to support stressful situations, tight deadlines, and demanding customers.
* Research new technology trends and recommend new solution to meet business requirements
* Experience with programing languages and automation systems
* Advanced VMWare and Microsoft certifications
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent understanding of project management
* Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
* BS or MS Degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent professional experience