Internet-based Technology Company seeking an addition to our Corporate Finance team. This position is responsible for assisting the Controller in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting modules of a multi-company corporation. Under limited direction, recommends, implements, and controls accounting policies and procedures, and coordinates and operates accounting, taxation, data control, accounts payable, and contract and grant functions of the university or major division thereof. Prepares consolidated financial statements and various financial reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates financial statements, quarterly annual financial reports, audit activities, and other information reports and requests; ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reporting.
- Provides direction and assistance to other departments within the organization regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, implementation of new practices and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Assists in the development of budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Maintains current knowledge of and implements changes based on departmental and organizational policies and procedures, federal policies and directives, and current accounting practices which directly or indirectly impact the organizations.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of unit staff.
- Post daily banking entries and reconcile multiple bank accounts.
- Aids in the proper recognition of foreign currency and gains/losses related to these transactions.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Recommends and participates in the development of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
- Work across a variety of different platforms to streamline data into useful information that can aid in management/executive decision making.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of progressive accounting experience related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Active CPA license issued from Arizona or from a state whom Arizona has reciprocity with.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Understanding of GAAP and a general understanding of IRS regulations.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
- Knowledge of current changes and/or developments in federal, state, and local accounting laws.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and university financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
• 401k matching
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings