The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will work with a team responsible for the underlying systems as they relate to all Phoenix NAP products. The proper candidate should have extensive virtualization, compute, and storage related management and architecture experience. As the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you would work closely with architecture and operational leads to ensure that the infrastructure needs of all cloud oriented business units are met. The ideal candidate will have a high technical aptitude and solid professional experience. Success in this position will be measured by the individual’s ability to champion technical projects, deliver solutions, and support our customers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform 3rd level support for storage and virtual infrastructures.
- Provide both design and architectural input as business needs evolve.
- Identify and mitigate issues that impede service delivery.
- Research improvements or changes to existing infrastructure.
- Relate technical requirements to non-technical people.
- Be able to support non-technical customers as requested.
- Accountable for projects and duties assigned.
- This position will have on-call responsibilities.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with cloud automation, PaaS, Software Defined Storage/Networking, fabric based infrastructure
- 5+ years’ in-depth experience with virtualization (VMware preferred)
- 5+ years’ in-depth experience with mass storage providers (Nimble/Nexenta/ZFS preferred)
- Working knowledge of the various IaaS solutions and providers
- Highly competent in Windows/Unix/Linux operating systems and domain services
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and working knowledge of network design/management
- Must be highly analytical and detailed in planning, execution, an documentation of work
- The ability to handle stressful situations, tight deadlines, and demanding customers.
- Working knowledge of software development practices a plus.
- Experience leading and operating in a high uptime service delivery environment.
- VMWare VCP-DV, VCP-DCA, VCP-DCD, VCAP, VCP-Cloud, VCAP-CID, VCDX
- Familiarity with VMware vCloud Director in a multi-tenant service provider environment
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Pretty much we need an infrastructure and cloud ninja to help us build awesome stuff.