The purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise in day to day issues while also actively participate in projects, research and develop new tools and processes for network infrastructure, in order to ensure maximum network performance and availability both to internal and external customers.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for network operations and maintenance of all systems to ensure compliance with PhoenixNAP guidelines.
- Overseeing all network operation changes and other submittals to ensure procedures and guidelines are followed and that changes are documented.
- Actively involved in projects led by the Architecture Department and/or Network Services Management team.
- Report to the Project Management team when required.
- Strives for continuous improvement to ensure that the network infrastructure attains maximum performance, security and availability.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Network Engineering and Network Services Manager ensure that all systems are correctly integrated.
- Approving system testing and commissioning plans with Internal Support and Security to ensure responsibilities are clarified, projects agreed and that decisions are clearly communicated.
- Overseeing technical and operational compliance of all networking systems to ensure that security measures are abided by and to optimize the efficiency of the network.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records to ensure that everything is recorded, profiles maintained and any maintenance carried out on servers/devices readily traceable, and to keep them running reliably.
- Monitor Requests and ticketing system to ensure that network issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues to minimize downtime.
- Act as 2nd line support function and provide assistance to other employees.
- Utilize network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, alert and measure performance of network.
Communication and Team Work
- Participate in meetings to provide project updates and accountability.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in support of assigned projects and initiatives for PhoenixNAP and all supported companies.
Minimum (Necessary) Qualifications
- B.Sc. degree preferred and/or CCNP Certification. Four years’ experience in Enterprise Networks.
- Experience with LAN/WAN enterprise hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Switching, Security, VPN and MPLS.
- Extensive knowledge of DDoS Protection systems.
- Strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Interest in additional Network Related training
- Knowledge Microsoft Family of Products
- Knowledge of Linux Platforms
- The position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly.
- Schedule will be determined by Manager of Network Services
- Employee is to report to his or her Supervisor if unable to attend work.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings