The Sr. Cloud Security Engineer will work as a primary resource for supporting application development and production environments. The proper candidate should have a broad background in current technology trends to include; securing cloud services, web services, configuration management, and fault isolation. As a Sr. Engineer you would work closely with multiple teams to design and provide solutions that support our business objectives. The ideal candidate will be able to translate technical requirements into validated solutions. Success in this position will be based on the ability to deliver, integrate, and maintain these solutions as part of the PhoenixNAP portfolio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to lead in a fast paced and highly technical environment with a constant focus on security.
- Provide in-depth technical guidance and mentorship.
- Work to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams.
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff.
- Must quickly adapt to an ever changing environment, flexibility is key.
- Act as senior most technical resource to junior administrators.
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies.
- May require some external customer interaction.
- This position will have on-call responsibilities.
- Assist in the standards definition as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) or similar certification.
- 2+ years’ experience SOAP, REST, ActiveMQ, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Zookeeper.
- 4+ years’ experience with J2EE, SQL, ZFS, Perl, RHE, Ruby Rails, LDAP.
- 6+ years’ experience with apache, tomcat, mysql, post gres, scripting languages, SSL, web protocols.
- 10+ years’ experience operating within large Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution.
- Must have a high technical aptitude, be highly motivated, and be ready for a challenge.
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills.
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, NIST, CIS and INFOSEC best practices.
- Familiarity with standards and technologies such as; virtualization, F5(i-Rules/tcl), Java, Posix LHS, GRSecurity, PAM, iptables, mod_rewrite, clustering technologies, platform as a service a plus.
- Layer 7 switching, application delivery, and global services load balancing.
- Working knowledge of software development practices a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Systems.
- Professional services experience a plus.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings