The Systems Engineer will work as technical resource for supporting application development and production environments. The proper candidate should have a broad background in current technology trends to include; web services, configuration management, and fault isolation. As a Systems Engineer you would work closely with multiple teams to provide solutions that support our business objectives. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly identify and evaluate problems as well as quickly implement corrective actions. Success in this position will be based on the ability to maintain multiple systems as part of the PhoenixNAP portfolio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the technical operations and projects with little direction.
- Must quickly adapt to an ever changing environment, flexibility is key.
- Learns and seeks mentorship from senior level engineers.
- Act as technical resource to more junior administrators.
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies.
- May require some external customer interaction.
- This position will have on-call responsibilities.
- Assist in the standards definition as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high technical aptitude, be highly motivated, and be ready for a challenge.
- 1+ years’ experience SOAP, REST, ActiveMQ, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Zookeeper.
- 2+ years’ experience with J2EE, SQL, ZFS, Perl, RHE, Ruby Rails, LDAP.
- 3+ years’ experience with apache, tomcat, mysql, post gres, scripting languages, SSL, web protocols.
- 5+ years’ experience operating within large Unix/Linux environments.
- Must have knack for troubleshooting complicated and sometimes undocumented systems.
- Understanding of event management, incident handling, and problem resolution.
- The ability to handle stressful situations and tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity of ITIL, ITSM, and INFOSEC best practices.
- Familiarity with standards and technologies such as; virtualization, F5(i-Rules/tcl), Java, Posix LHS, GRSecurity, PAM, iptables, mod_rewrite, clustering technologies, platform as a service a big plus.
- Understanding of knowledge of software development practices a plus.
- Professional services experience a plus.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Information Systems.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings