This position ensures solutions are expertly selected, designed, delivered, optimized and supported during the entire infrastructure lifecycle. In this role, the Senior Windows Engineer will work as an active directory subject matter expert (SME). The Senior Windows Engineer will support our growing managed services business in a Level 2 / Level 3 support role.
- Expert level Windows system administration
- Active Directory best practices for setup, configuration and trouble-shooting
- Experience with virtualization (e.g. HyperV, VMWare, Openstack, Kvm, etc.)
- Experience extending on-premises directory services to Office 365.
- Experience planning multi-forest trust relationships and integrating with complex DNS namespaces
- Architecture design, system evaluation, system analysis and infrastructure assessment.
- Experience extending Active Directory to cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Active Directory Federation Services – Design, Implementation and Support.
- Expert level knowledge of DNS
- Experience supporting both internal Active Directory and externally hosted DNS platforms
- Experience managing complex DNS infrastructure with multiple domains, sites and egress points
- Microsoft PKI
- Experience designing and supporting Microsoft PKI in a complex, multi-forest / domain environment
- Experience managing, monitoring and trouble-shooting complex PKI issues
- Expertise with network equipment (Cisco, Brocade preferred), protocols and trouble-shooting
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Sensitivity to security best practices as related to infrastructure and application architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure support, design and or implementation of Microsoft technologies
- 3+ years’ professional experience with Azure and or AWS (planning, migrations, deployment, configuration)
- 3+ years’ experience in thought leadership and leadership / mentoring staff.
- In-depth knowledge on Microsoft core platform technologies based on Windows server.
- Experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service platform.
- Proficiency in Windows and Azure Active Directory technologies.
- Office 365 and supporting technologies a plus.
- Scripting proficiency
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail and excellent judgement skills.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties and customers.
- Ability to integrate and provide apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Azure or AWS Cloud Architect certifications.
- Experience with any of the following: VMWare, vCloud, Azure PowerShell, AWS CloudFormation
- Experience with Azure data migration, data store creation, security, replication and backup.
- Prior experience in moving from on premises as well as other cloud platforms to Azure.
- Experience in architecting and designing new systems and migration process.
- Knowledge of Azure SQL, Azure SQL data warehouse, Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Lake.
- Understands the performance aspects of Azure storage platforms.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings