This position is focused on keeping customer expectations and department practices in line with corporate policies through supervision of a NOC Services shift team. This includes monitoring and following up on complaints, coordinating with other departments and working with the NOC Manager in developing policies and procedures that further departmental goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction, leadership and supervision of NOC personnel, consisting of 6 – 8 people.
- Develop, mentor and train staff; seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain processes and procedures for the day-to-day operations with NOC Management’s guidance.
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes.
- Monitor the status of alerts, tickets and processes to ensure tasks are being completed timely.
- Communicate policy and procedural changes.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate to NOC management.
- Generate reports for management in regards to service availability, uptime, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, Customer issues and SLAs etc.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- Meet and/or exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NOC including but not limited to automation of NOC tasks and reporting, initiatives and routine administration tasks.
- Maintain communication with NOC management to ensure issues are resolved.
- Develop and drive improvements to processes and procedures utilizing root cause analysis.
- Identify and interview candidate(s) for the network operations team when needed.
- Monitor work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs.
- Ensure that NOC Technicians are working issues as efficiently and accurately as possible to meet departmental utilization standards.
- Daily review of the NOC Shift Turnover Report to ensure that tasks and projects are consistently completed on time.
- Assist with administering performance reviews, mentoring and training staff.
- Due to necessary technical management duties of this position in a 24/7 operation, candidate may be required to be on call and/or work various shifts such as weekends and/or evenings.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory/lead role, supervising technical and operational staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training.
- General knowledge of system integration and networking architectures.
- General knowledge with IP switched/router/based networks.
- General knowledge of Windows Server 2008, active directory, group policy, UNIX/Linux and Storage Technologies.
- General knowledge of web environments and architectures along with knowledge of HTTP, FTP, DNS, and other Internet protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytic, organization and facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization.
- Self-driven with a take charge attitude while exercising good judgment in a rapid paced environment.
- Managed Services support experience.
- ITIL methodologies and/or certification.
- Project Management methodologies.
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings