We are seeking a dynamic and driven Software Engineer who takes pride in solving tough problems and is excited to work on the cutting edge of web technology. Work with an international team of software engineers to help keep us competitive in the e-commerce, cloud services, and business IT markets. Find solutions to challenging problems in a globally-distributed architecture. Test yourself by supporting the operation and evolution of a legacy e-business system that is an established name in the field.
We are a company with an exciting pace but a casual, relaxed atmosphere. You will work under the minimal supervision of a team lead and alongside software quality engineers to provide the highest caliber software to our users.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive understanding and experience with core programming languages and Linux operating systems
- Maintains knowledge and applies upgrades to CCBill and PhoenixNAP’s existing product lines.
- Constant learning of CCBill and PhoenixNAP’s existing product lines.
- Reading and understanding documentation from the New Product Development Department immediately preceding release to ensure a smooth transition for the support of newly released products.
- Interacting with Software Testers and Software Developer Team Lead to ensure all code is modified with minimal impact on daily operations.
- Interacting with team lead to ensure all goals are completed on time.
- Other duties assigned.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to type for long periods of time.
- This position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly.
- Participates in an on call (24/7 system support) rotation.
- Possibility of 2 or more weeks a year of travel time.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix.
- Excellent programming skills in Perl.
- Understanding of object-oriented Perl.
- Strong programming skills in Java (preferably 7 and/or 8).
- Must be strong with relational databases and must be able to write SQL queries on the fly, including complex joins.
- Experience with Apache Web Server administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with ActiveMQ.
- Experience developing, deploying, and troubleshooting web applications on Tomcat or similar platform.
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with distributed architecture, high-availability, and web-scale.
- Strong understanding of Spring Core Modules and Spring application design.
- Strong understanding of web-based frameworks, technologies, and protocols.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services and API design.
- Knowledge of build tools such as Maven and/or Ant.
- Expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues.
- Expert at troubleshooting code developed by others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to work in and embrace a team environment.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Following Skills a Plus:
- Strong understanding of virtualization concepts.
- Direct experience with virtual machine provisioning and maintenance. VMware vSphere preferred.
- Experience with Hibernate or other persistence frameworks.
- Experience with MySQL replication
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Knowledge of Grails
- Knowledge of Artifactory
- Knowledge of Puppet
- Knowledge of Shell scripting
|• FLSA: Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
• 401k matching
|• Cell Phone Allowance
• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored outings