The ideal Asset Management Specialist will purchase IT related assets for multiple companies. Upon purchase, all assets are to be inventoried and distributed to the appropriate department. After distribution, all assets will be audited on a regular basis to validate their location and update their condition. Familiarity with Asset Management systems such as the one we use, RAMI, is preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research hardware and provide the best solution based on customer and company’s needs, pricing, and availability.
- Ensure that existing available inventory is factored into purchasing decisions.
- Support and provide maintenance on production equipment when required.
- Ensures that received assets are appropriately secured and tracked.
- Works to properly dispose of aged assets.
- Maintain and create relationships with vendors, and contact vendors for quotes and pricing.
- Review quotes for accuracy and create purchase orders for the acquisition of technology products.
- Order products from vendors as required upon receiving approval.
- Track orders through the entire order and shipping process until delivery is made, and complete appropriate paperwork for Accounting Department.
- Resolve pricing issues and order delays with vendors, while keeping the end user notified of status.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Monitor and update internal message boards and e-mail.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Keep informed of company and departmental policies.
- Familiar with a variety of technology related concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software, networking equipment, and datacenter procedures and practices.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to type for long periods of time.
- Ability to efficiently manage a staff.
- Ability to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- This position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly.
- Schedule will be determined by the manager. Employee is expected to follow the schedule.
- Employee is to report to his or her manager if unable to attend work.
|• FLSA: Non-Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Company sponsored outings