The Data Center Technician provides services to support the physical IT Structure. They assemble and implement hardware solutions, troubleshoot and provide technical support to internal and external customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic level of problem determination for all tickets, emails, chats & phone calls.
- Perform hardware troubleshooting.
- Ticket triage and escalation to the appropriate level.
- Server assembly and disassembly.
- Server maintenance and repair.
- Single user/emergency access.
- Racking and un-racking of servers and devices.
- Server console/reboot.
- RAID setup and configuration.
- Cabling and cable management (power/network).
- Hardware/Cabinet auditing.
- Perform basic software setup.
- Control Panel installation (Plesk/cPanel/Webmin).
- Server OS installation (Windows/Linux/BSD).
- Kickstarting/reinstalling OS.
- Partition configurations.
- Basic network IP configurations.
- Coordinate all repairs with customers and NOC staff.
- Maintain server build and release SLA.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience.
- A+ Certified.
- High degree of professionalism.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware (servers).
- Ability to quickly identify specific issues and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Linux and Windows operating system proficiency preferred.
- Ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Server+ Certified.
- Network+ Certified.
|• FLSA: Non-Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
• 401k matching
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings